I never really cared about my skin, Since not much effort was required to maintain it. However, This carefree lifestyle came to an abrupt stop when I started college. Maybe due to the location, or due to my sleep cycle, or my diet, my skin started breaking out.
It went to a point that I looked like a different person altogether.
Even then, I didn’t really think of clearing my acne. But, In those few months, I realized one thing that whenever I saw myself in the mirror with all those pimples on my face, my confidence and excitement for the day disappears.
It’s like some sort of spell was being cast on me every time I looked in the mirror. It didn’t take me much time to realize, the connection between how I looked and how I felt.
It’s easy to deny, But the truth is if you take care of your face, or if you take care of yourself in any way that makes you look good, You will automatically start feeling good.
And if you feel good, then you fight the day head-on.
So, If for some reason, your skin has started to look dull and dry, or not the way you want, and you are finding it difficult to go back to your glowing skin, Then here’s a list of 5 homemade face masks you can use right now to make your skin glow in next 10 minutes:
Tip: If you have sensitive skin, test the mask on a small patch of skin on your arm before applying it to your face; to ensure that it agrees with your complexion!
1. Mint and Multani Mitti Mask
For those who don’t know what Multani Mitti, aka Fuller’s Earth is, It’s a clay-like substance used for beauty treatments in ancient India by affluent women.
Due to its wide range of skin benefits: Helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing oil, fighting acne, balancing, and brightening skin tone, It’s still used to this day as a home remedy for clean, bright skin.
Mint, on the other hand, is rich in menthol and has anti-bacterial properties.
So, When Multani Mitti is combined with Mint, It can be used as a face pack for oil control, blemishes, and for reducing dark spots and glowing skin.
- Multani Mitti Powder aka Fuller’s Earth
- 1/2 teaspoon of Honey
- Mint Leaves
How to Make it
- Mix a tablespoon of Multani Mitti powder with 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- Now add some curd and crushed mint leaves.
- Mix it and apply the mask on your face.
- Let it stay until the pack has completely dried, which will take approximately 10-20 minutes.
2. Rose water and Sandalwood Mask
Rose water is made of water and rose petals. It has been used as a beauty ingredient for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains powerful antioxidants and is suitable for most skin types.
Sandalwood, aka Chandan, has been used in Ayurvedic medicine in India for hundreds of years because of its relaxing and cooling properties.
Just like Rose water, Sandalwood also has antiseptic properties and can be utilized in oil or powder form. You can even apply the paste of Sandalwood directly to treat acne and acne scars.
Rose water and Sandalwood mask is one of the easiest masks to create on the list. It will take less than a minute to create and you can use it to heal rashes, skin blemishes, wrinkles, lines, and to reduce dullness and even tans.
- Rose Water
- 1 tablespoon of Sandalwood Powder
How to Make it
- Mix one tablespoon of sandalwood powder with a few drops of rose water until it becomes a paste.
- Apply it to your face and leave it on for 10-20 minutes.
3. Turmeric Mask
Apart from being a nutritional supplement, Turmeric has been utilized in India for thousands of years as a medicinal herb and a beauty ingredient.
On the morning of a wedding, In India, the bride and groom are covered from head to toe with Turmeric, oil, and water paste by married women to brighten their skin. This ritual is called The Haldi ceremony, aka Pithi ceremony.
Moreover, Turmeric contains an antioxidant called curcumin that slows down cell damage. Turmeric can also help with inflammatory skin conditions such as acne or dry skin.
So, If you are tired of skin irritation, wrinkles, and dull skin, Then this is the right mask for you.
- 1 tablespoon of Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Add water to make to paste
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
How to Make it
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Add a little bit of water to convert it into a paste.
- Apply the face mask on the skin’s hyperpigmented areas and leave it on for 3 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with cold water.
4. Green Tea Mask
Apart from being a great aid for boosting metabolism, Green tea can also be utilized for making a face mask.
Due to its high antioxidant content, a Green tea face mask can help detox, fight acne, counter sun damage, moisturize, and mitigate the effect of pollution on the skin.
- 1 Green Tea Bag
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
How to Make it
- Grind the content of the tea bag into fine powder.
- Add baking soda and honey.
- Mix it into a paste.
- Apply it on the face and neck and leave it for a few minutes.
- Finally, wash off with lukewarm water.
5. Almond Oil and Aloe Vera Mask
This face mask is specifically for dry skin. Aloe vera gel & Almond oil present in the mask will help moisturize your skin.
Aloe vera also has skin healing properties, applying it to your face will help in treating various skin conditions, such as acne, sunburn, swelling, skin wounds, bug bites.
Aloe vera also supports the production and release of collagen and is very effective in treating bacterial and fungal infections.
So, applying it on your face, along with almond oil, will moisturize your skin, lighten blemishes and help in reducing acne scars.
- 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel
- 3 teaspoons of Almond Oil
How to Make it
- In a mixing bowl, mash a banana and add 2 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Now add 3 teaspoons of almond oil.
- Mix it.
- Apply to your skin and let it sit for 15 minutes. (Clean your face with regular face cleaner before applying the mask)
If you are uncertain about the reaction, you may have to ingredients listed in these recipes, consult with your dermatologist before using the face mask.
And if you are wondering which face mask you should try first, Then I would recommend you to start with the Turmeric mask. You can also try every single mask (not on the same day), to find out which mask works best for you.
For those who have super sensitive skin, apply the face mask on a small patch of skin of your arm before applying it to your face to ensure it’s safe to use.
P.S Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this article on DIY Face Masks, feel free to share it. Moreover, leave a question down below in the comment section if you have any
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my affiliate disclaimer for more info.
Latest posts by Rudra (see all)
- 5 Best Exercises For Weight Loss in 2023 | Exercise Plan Included | According to Experts - January 19, 2023
- 5 Exercises to Help Relieve Knee Pain - December 22, 2022
- 5 Things You Need to Cure Procrastination in 2023 - December 9, 2022