What most people don’t understand about keto is that if you don’t have a solid plan, chances are you will not get solid results
I always thought that having no plan is the best strategy when you are following a diet, but after following multiple diet plans (vegan, paleo, military, keto diet) throughout the years
I came to realize that this no-plan strategy always result in failure.
Following a diet plan is hard and when you have room for doubts and adjustments, getting a solid result is impracticable
Learning and deciding, what to eat as you continue your journey, just sounds brilliant. In reality, it’s a plan for absolute frustration
So, if you want solid results, we have few tips followed by a 10-day keto diet meal plan, which you can utilize today to reach your goals
What is Keto Diet?
For those who don’t know what keto is, it’s a diet plan that focuses on food that contains a lot of fats, an adequate amount of protein, and very few carbohydrates. The diet works by depleting the sugar reserves, which results in the breakdown of fats for energy.
Keto Diet Tips For Success
If you are a complete beginner, then these tips will help you in avoiding mistakes most newbies make while following the keto diet
So, here are 4 tips you need to make your journey a total success:
1. Don’t worry about results
After you start following the keto diet, it will take 2-4 days for your body to enter ketosis unless your diet plan contains hidden carbs.
Moreover, in the first week, your body will go through the ketogenic adaptation phase. So, avoid worrying about the result in the first week.
With time you will start seeing results. Just stay on track and avoid consuming any more carbs then you are supposed to
You can always look at other people’s keto journey on Instagram for motivation. Before and after transformations photos will definitely help you in staying focused
2. Entering ketosis is a hard process
In order to enter ketosis, you need to divide your calories in such a way that you consume 5-10% calories from carbs, 20-30% calories from protein, and 60-70% calories from fat
You may even need to lower your carbs intake to 20 gm per day to get into ketosis. So, be ready for the challenge if the opportunity arise
The success of your keto journey is directly proportional to your carb intake. In a way, this is the one thing you can’t ignore
To enter, as well as stay in ketosis, I reduced my carb intake to about 20 grams/day
It may seem easy, but in reality, it was the result of intense planning
3. Avoid random consumption
Keto sweets or random consumption is only for special occasions. I know it’s tempting, but random consumption does not guarantee results.
The Ketogenic diet is all about balance. Even 10 grams of misplaced carbs can kick you out of the track
4. Calories matter too
Keto is a game-changer for millions of people
It suppresses appetite despite weight loss. It makes it easier for people to feel satisfied even on low calories
A study on the ketogenic diet even suggest that people who followed the keto diet lost 2.2 times more weight than people on a low-calorie and low-fat diet
Reduced appetite combined with more weight loss is what makes keto so popular. But that doesn’t change the fact that keto is a restrictive diet plan
You have to consume a certain amount of calories every day to ensure weight loss. Even if you are in ketosis, you will not lose weight if you don’t reduce the number of calories you consume
Moreover, the fact that the diet of most Americans is high in carbs and processed foods is what makes the keto journey intense
Still, you will lose more weight and feel satisfied after a meal with the help of keto as compared to any other diet plan
Types of Keto Diet
Before you start your weight loss journey, here are a few keto diet types you can choose from:
- Standard Ketogenic Diet: This type contains 5% carb, 75% fat, and 20% protein.
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: This diet contains ketogenic days followed by high-carb days. For example, 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high-carb days.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet: This diet allows a person to add carbs only around the workout schedule.
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diet: This type contains around 35% protein, 5% carb, and around 60% fat.
Standard Ketogenic Diet (SKD) is the most researched and recommended version for the weight loss
10-Day Keto Diet Meal Plan
- Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with avocado, Coffee with Cream
- Lunch: Keto Thai beef salad
- Dinner: Chicken mushroom and Rockefeller kale
- Breakfast: Keto frittata with fresh spinach
- Lunch: Spinach salad with Garlic butter salmon
- Dinner: Keto Pasta Carbonara with zoodles
- Breakfast: Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
- Lunch: Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower Soup with bacon pieces
- Dinner: Meatballs on zucchini noodles, topped with cream sauce
- Breakfast: Fried eggs with bacon and a side of greens
- Lunch: Grilled chicken over baby spinach, tomato, and avocado salad
- Dinner: One-pan salmon with asparagus plus broccoli
- Breakfast: Eggs with Avocado, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- Lunch: Sardine salad made with mayo in half an avocado
- Dinner: Sugar-free turkey jerky
- Breakfast: Mushroom omelet
- Lunch: Broccoli Bacon Salad with Fried Eggs
- Dinner: Keto Chicken With Asparagus and sautéed mushrooms
- Breakfast: Baked eggs in avocado cups
- Lunch: Chicken tenders made with almond flour
- Dinner: Pork Chops with Green Beans and Garlic Butter
- Breakfast: Keto bacon & cheese omelet
- Lunch: Italian Keto Plate
- Dinner: Pan grilled pork chops with veggies
- Breakfast: Keto veggie omelette
- Lunch: Arugula Apple Bacon Pecan Salad
- Dinner: Teriyaki Salmon and Broccoli
- Breakfast: Spinach with Swiss Cheese omelet
- Lunch: White Fish in Lemon Sauce
- Dinner: Coconut Chicken Curry
Daily Keto Snack Options
- Coconut chips
- Kale chips
- Parmesan crisps
- Macadamia nuts, seeds
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Avocados, olives
- Pre-Made keto cookies or make one
- Keto-Friendly dark chocolate
- Cacao Nibs
- Peanut Butter
- Coffee, tea
- Low-Calorie Jello or popsicles
- Seaweed Snacks
With this 10-day keto diet meal plan, you can lose up to 10 lbs. But you have to balance calories, macronutrients depending upon your goal
Remember, 10 grams of misplaced carbs are enough to kick you out of track. So, prepare meals smartly.
During my 47-day keto journey, I followed a custom keto meal plan. I managed to lose around 24.5 lbs in 47 days.
I have tried many different diets ( Military, Vegan, Paleo, Keto Diet ), and the best results were always produced when I balanced my meals properly.
Since keto is highly satiable, compared to other diet plans, it’s much easier to lower your calorie intake with keto.
Beginners pretty often consume more than the required amount of fat, protein, and carbs, which is counterproductive, as it reduces overall results.
You should adjust these meals to a suitable amount of macronutrients yourself (depending upon your need). But if balancing macronutrients is too complicated then I would recommend you to consult a nutritionist to help you tailor this diet plan even further to the exact amount of calories, macronutrients you should consume per meal to lose weight.
This way you will consume the proper amount of nutrition you need to get into ketosis, lose weight, and avoid nutrient deficiencies
If you are like me and you consider visiting a nutritionist an unnecessary hassle, then you can get a much more tailored diet plan from here. This diet plan will help you in counting calories as well as in preparing meals.
Moreover, the meals mentioned in the plan will be tailored to the exact amount of macronutrients you need every day
This custom diet plan will also respect your food preferences and will be created based on the expertise of certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and chefs
Remember, the keto diet is a medical diet. Utilizing it for losing weight without the proper guidance of a health expert can lower your results
How To Avoid Keto Flu?
Most prominent side effect of following the keto diet is keto flu.
Since keto will make you urinate more often. It results in low levels of electrolytes, which results in keto flu
All you need to do is drink plenty of water while taking supplements (supplements containing magnesium, sodium, and potassium) to balance your electrolyte levels, or you can increase the consumption of magnesium, sodium, and potassium by balancing your meals the right way.
To avoid other side effects of the keto diet, try balancing your macros. Consume a varied diet (pork, chicken, fish, egg, leafy greens) with enough greens to get the full spectrum of B vitamins.
Remember, Anything excess will be counterproductive.
For great results, tailor your diet to the exact amount of macros and calories your body needs to lose weight.
P.S If you enjoyed this article on 10-Day Keto Diet Meal Plan, feel free to leave a question down below in the comment section if you have any
Moreover, subscribe to our newsletter for more articles
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links, Meaning I Get a Commission If You Decide to Make a Purchase Through My Links, At No Cost to You. Please Read My Affiliate Disclaimer For More Info.
Latest posts by Rudra (see all)
- Super Busy? Try Passive Workout Routine For Weight Loss - March 11, 2023
- 5 Principles to Lose Weight and Keep it Off - March 5, 2023
- A Guide On Wearing Rings For Men | 4 Rules of Wearing Rings - February 10, 2023