Back in the 1900s, One Exercise Which Was Performed By Every Bodybuilder was Military Press Due to the Fact that Military Press is One of the Very Few Exercise that targets Most of the Prominient Muscles Like Triceps, Shoulders, Chest etc
But Now a Days only Few People Perform this Exercise
Not Because it’s Not Good Enough But Because very Few People Know About this Exercise
Military Press is one of the Best Way to Hit all Your Major Muscle Groups
Benefits of Military Press
Military Press is Old School When it Comes to Training For Your Shoulder. It Hit’s Most of Your Major Muscles Like Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. Not only that It Increases the Core Strength which is Kinda Important.
Major Benefits are:
- Enhances Core Strength
- Hits all the Major Muscles
- Easy to Perform
Ultimate Way to Perform Military Press
Basically Performing Military press is Easy But Performing it Correctly is Tough. Here are 5 Steps to Perform it Properly
- Firstly Put The Weight on the Squat Rack Rather than on the Ground to Avoid Lifting Weight From the ground Every time You Have to Perform a Set. Make Sure You Put Comfortable Weight on the Bar. Nor too Little Nor too Much
- Know You Have to Grab the Bar
With aHook Grip, Depending Upon Your Comfort Choose Your Grip. In My opinion Hook Grip is the Best. Now Bend Your Knees and Take a Deep Breath. Take the Weight From the Rack
- Now You Have to Join both of You Feet together and Then Take a Deep Breath. After that Squeeze Your Glutes and Tense Your Abdominal Muscles, In One Hit Push the Weight over Your Head
- Make Sure that Your Arms Go to Full
Extension,While Maintaining a Good attention Posture. When it’s Time to Pull The Weight, Down Do it Slowly. Make Sure that Your Head is Away from the Bar in order to avoid clip from it
- Make Sure Your Elbows are Pointing Forward. That’s all
Here’s a Video of How a Pro Perform this Military Press
Military Press Vs Overhead Press
You Would Be Curious By Know About the Difference Between Military Press and The Overhead Press Because on the Surface Both of them Look Same. But their is a Key Difference Between Military Press and Overhead Press
While Performing the Overhead Press You Keep Your Feet At Comfortable Length Apart But While Performing Military Press You Keep Both of Your Feet Joined together Like a Soldier Who is Standing in Attention
The Difference Makes Each of this Exercise Different
Cause Frankly, Just Due to the Foot Arrangement The Balance of the Entire Body Shifts
Because of The Balance the Amount of Stress on Abdominal Muscles While Performing the Military Press is Enormous
Military Press vs Shoulder Press
Just Like the Overhead Press, Military Press and Shoulder Press Looks Exactly the Same on the Surface. For Example: In Overhead Press You Keep Your Legs at Comfortable Length Apart
The Distance Between the Feet Depends upon Your Comfort
But In the Shoulder Press You Keep Your Feet Strictly at Shoulder Length Apart
In Brief Shoulder Press, Military Press and The Overhead Press are All Same the Difference is Due to the Balance a Person Needs to Maintain Due to Different Foot Placement
Military Press Variation You Should Know
There are Around 5 Variation of the Military Press, In Brief All of them Hit the Major Muscles. But Depending Upon the Variation, Intensity Increases
5 Variation of Military Press
- Seated Military Press
- The Push Press
- The Seated Dumbbell Military Press
- The Dumbbell Arnold Press
- The Smith Machine Military Press
How to Warm up Before Military Press?
The Most Common Mistake all the Newbie Make is that They Go Straight into Doing Military Press Without Even Warming up. As a Result, Injuries Happen. In Order to Avoid that I Would Advise You To Do a Little Bit of Warm up Before Doing Heavy Overhead Press
Warm Up is Necessary Because Muscles in the Shoulder are Easy to Injure, So kindly Do Warm up and Avoid Injuries
Warm Up For a Overhead Press Should Contain two Set’s of 20 Push-ups, Followed By 30 Light weight Push Press. Perform 30-40 Shoulder Dislocates with a Broom Handle.
After That Rest For 1 Minute and You are Good to Go.
Common Mistakes with the Military Press
Most Common Mistakes Made By Newbie’s are:
- The Grab the Bar Wrongly
- They Overload the Bar, The Important thing in Military Press is Technique. Overloading the bar with a weight that you are not capable of lifting will translate into poor technique and injuries
- Relaxing the Abdominal Muscle and Glute in between the Rep
- Bending Arms in the
WrongDirection. Remember that You Have to Keep Your Elbows Forward.
Routine For Military Press
In Order to Get Most out of this Exercise You Have to Perform it in a Proper Sets and Repetition, So that Not only You Hit all Your Major Muscles But You Also Hit Em Hard
You Have to Firstly Decide Weight according to Your Strength Level and Bodyweight
Make sure the Weight on the Bar is Enough To Make Your Each Rep Hard
Know we are Gone assume that Weight on the Bar is Heavy Enough that Each Rep You Make Counts. You Have to Perform At least 5 Sets With Minimum of 5 Reps and Maximum of 10 Reps.
If You are Able to Do More than 10 Reps Then Just Add More Weight on the Bar
Cause Otherwise it’s Useless
Every time You Reach Peak of More than 10 Reps You Add Weight To the Bar
You May Also Like
- COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE MILITARY PRESS
- TOP 10 BEGINNER YOGA POSES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- COMPLETE GUIDE ON WIM HOF METHOD
- TOP 20 YOGA POSES FOR DIGESTION
- WHAT TO EAT AFTER A RUN? REFUEL LIKE A PRO ATHLETE
Military Press is one of the Best Way to Increase Your Overall Performance, Strength and Physique. But You Have to Make Sure that You Don’t Hurt Your Self While Performing it. Cause the Last thing You Want is Hurting Yourself.
Take Proper Amount of Rest Between Each Workout Session and You are Good to Go.
P.S Hope You Enjoyed Reading the Article If You Have any Doubt Just Comment Down Below I Will Be More than Happy to Help You.
Wanna Know About Wim Hof Method ?
Latest posts by Rudra (see all)
- Super Busy? Try Passive Workout Routine For Weight Loss - March 11, 2023
- 5 Principles to Lose Weight and Keep it Off - March 5, 2023
- A Guide On Wearing Rings For Men | 4 Rules of Wearing Rings - February 10, 2023